Green Chile Chicken or Cheese EnchiladasBy Santa Fe School of Cooking
Green Chile Chicken or Cheese Enchiladas
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Preheat the oven to 350°. Oil a 9x12 baking dish or pan.
Spread about 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the dish and layer half of the tortillas evenly over the sauce. Top the tortillas with 1/2 of the chicken and 1/3 of the cheese and sprinkle with half the onion (for milder onion flavor, use scallions). Repeat for second layer and top with the last cup of sauce and the remaining cheese. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
To serve, spoon portions onto dinner plates, garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and top with 2 tablespoons sour cream. Serve with pinto beans and posole.
Shopping for Ingredients
Many of the ingredients for our recipes are available directly from the Santa Fe School of Cooking. Shop Ala Cart or Purchase all the Ingredients as a Package.
Ingredients and Tools available at the School of Cooking
- From the Grocery Store
- For Green Chile Sauce
- Vegetable oil
- 1 onion or frozen diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic or minced jarred garlic
- Chicken stock - 12 ounces
- For Enchilada Assembly
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken (should yield about 4 cups when cooked and shredded)
- 1 ½ onion or 1 ½ cups frozen diced or 12 green onions
- 1 ½ pounds Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- Sour cream - 10 ounces